Special Educational Needs AND DISABILITIES (SEND)
For further information about our SEND provision, please contact our Assistant Headteacher and SENCo, Mrs Faye Holford on:
Tel: 01702 468582
All mainstream schools (which includes maintained schools and academies) have a similar approach to meeting the needs of pupils with SEND and are supported by the Local Authority to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school. All schools are supported to be inclusive, with the needs of pupils with SEND being met in a mainstream setting wherever possible, where families want this to happen.
Additionally, schools have to provide details of the school specific offer which should reflect Southend Borough Council’s Local Offer.
The Local Offer has two key purposes:
- To provide clear, comprehensive and accessible information about the provision available to support disabled children and children with SEN and their families. This easy to understand information will set out what is normally available in schools to help children with lower-level SEN as well as the options available to support families who need additional help to care for their child.
- To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving children and young people with SEND, parents/carers and service providers in its development and review.
The SEN Code of Practice identifies four main areas of SEN:
1. Communication and Interaction
2. Cognition and Learning
3. Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
4. Sensory and/or Physical Needs
Our School Offer provides details of the resources, interventions etc. that we provide at Temple Sutton to support children with SEND. Due to the ever changing needs of our children there may be additional support available that has not been covered in this document. If you would like further information about what we offer at Temple Sutton or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our SENCo, Mrs. Faye Holford.
The Equality Report below provides an annual summary which includes information about our Public Sector Duties, how the school promotes equality of opportunity and eliminates discrimination, our equality objectives and accessibility plan. If you would like further information or would like to make a suggestion, please contact the school.